gABRIELA ROSALES CALDERÓN
Gabriela Rosales Calderón, also known as Niwetzika Metzeri and Xochiquetzal Calli, is a talented Mexican singer-songwriter, who in addition to composing sublime and exquisite songs for the enjoyment of our ears, using a Celtic harp, a jarana and her voice, offers us a very special medicine. Using her voice, she becomes the channel for ancestral and elemental sounds and applies this method as a healing therapy. She also accompanies others as a facilitator in their own process to find and recognize their voices, in order to
heal themselves and liberate their expression abilities, through singing.
Gabriela was born in Mexico City in 1980. She grew up in the town of Tepoztlán, Morelos. Thus, inspired from its earliest days by the powerful magic and shelter of the sacred mountains, the self-exploration with her voice began, naturally, since her childhood.
* In 1994 he debuted at the renowned National Auditorium, participating with the well-known Mexican group "Cielo y Tierra" (music of the world).
Between 1995 and 2000:
*She participated with the Santiago Chorum form Tepoztlán, Morelos, as a light soprano.
* She became a member of "Nierika", founded in Tepoztlán, Morelos, a Mexican band dedicated to promoting ancestral music and lyrics in Nahuatl.
* Along with her band "Mirabai" (Currently well-known and called Mirabai Ceiba), she traveled through Mexico, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom, presenting their musical project at Edinburgh Musical Festival, 2000.
* In the year 2000, she participated as a soprano soloist in the recording of the music of composer Federico Álvarez del Toro, for the documentary "The soul of Mexico” (“El alma de México") funded in part by the National Council for Culture and the Arts (CONACULTA), directed by Héctor Taponar and presented by Carlos Fuentes. (Gabriela´s voice apears at chapter 6 - Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz min 14:46-18:46)
* As of 2003 his solo career consolidated, venturing as a light soprano, in different styles, from opera, Bossa-Nova, sacred music, world music, son Jarocho, introspective music, and mindfulness music.
During this same year, she joins to the proyect "Azuis", a duet of brasilian music with Raúl Gasca Toache, an excelent guitarist of this type of music, and together they shared their music in Mexico City for many years, interpreting in a unique form clasical brasilian songs of diferent times, specially Bossa Nova and Tropicalismo.
* In 2004 she recorded her first album with "Azuis" duet, a compilation of clasical brasilian songs.
In this same year, she began offering individual sessions in which she uses her voice as a therapy tool and accompanies others to use theirs as a vehicle for healing.
* In 2007 she founded the project "oM SeRuNa", a duet of introspective music that offers vocal, Celtic harp, jarana, quartz bowl, flutes, and percussions musical compositions.
* In 2009 she recorded the album "NuEve", with pieces aimed for relaxation, introspection, self-discovery, and healing.
That same year she toured throughout Latin America, in Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Venezuela, and Colombia.
* In 2011 she recorded the first album of "InCuikatl" , a Dan Vera neo-mexica musical proposal, with lyrics in Nahua and a fusion of prehispanic and contemporary instruments.
* In 2016, together with Rodrigo David Pérez Vega, she founded the recording label ÓRALE & PUNTO, in order to promote and produce her musical projects.
* In 2018, together with Rodrigo David Pérez Vega, she created “POAMO”, a devotional musical duet dedicated to interpreting sublime music for the spirit.
* In 2019 she recorded “POAMO”´s first album, “AHIMSA”, a compilation of mantras from India and Tibet.
* She is currently dedicated to the composition, arrangement, and interpretation of medicinal music with “POAMO” and to offer group and individual workshops for healing through the voice.